Do you take time towards the end of the year, to see how things went? Did you make resolutions at the beginning of the year and stick to them? Do you belong to the 95% of the population that by January 15 have already broken their New Year’s Resolutions or do you belong to the 5% who stick with them the whole year?
This time I decided instead writing a post from scratch, I create a list of my post that have already dealt with this subject and put them all together in one place.
Do you know that most resolutions are actually goals?
Making resolutions and setting goals is the easy part and only the beginning. You also have to figure out how you will go about achieving your goals and sticking to the plan.
Make Your Resolutions Stick
Is there is a trick to stick to your resolutions? Yes, goal setting is an important factor to sticking with your resolutions.
Give these simple tips a try and see if they will make a difference.
- First of all you have to get started. It reminds me of the 1961 song “My boomerang won’t come back”. Listen to the song and you will understand. → https://youtu.be/9AyotLiqJdg
- Be motivated and have a WHY with your vision and goal.
- Find a way to be held accountable. You need someone to help you stick to your resolution and gently nudge you back when you have gone off track.
- Remember that tomorrow is another day. Figure out why it happened and chalk it up to experience. Then the next day start fresh!
- Keep going, don’t give up. “The journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step.”
- Stick to the plan and follow the directions.
Check out the full articles for the tips.
There is still time to start your coming year with a clean slate
Here are a few tips to finish things, so that you start the New Year with a running start.
- Do some things that you have been putting off for a long time. Do you have an item on your Someday-Maybe list that is calling out to you?
- Ask for help and research working with a coach.
- Catch up on your sleep.
Every day is a new day. What you did not get done yesterday does not matter. Start fresh every day. Practice makes perfect. Be inspired and check out these 100 quotes from brilliant minds.
Contact me for a Planning Session
Do you need help planning your upcoming year?
Contact me for a FREE exploration session.