Have you ever considered having your own personal rules to follow? These rules are your GPS that guides you without first having to figure things out. It allows you get through the day more efficiently, accomplish your tasks faster and finish your day happier.
Over the past month, articles with the word rules have come a cross my desk repeatedly. It looks like the universe is telling me something.
Let’s start with the definition of the word rules.
Rules tell you what you are allowed to do and what not.
Most rules are imposed by an authority or somebody else. Some rules are easy to accept and follow, but others just rub you the wrong way.
I don’t want to talk about rules imposed by others. I want you to think about rules you can create for yourself to make your life easier to manage and from a productivity point of view improve your efficiency.
The first rule I consider a no-brainer. It’s the Golden Rule:
Treat others the way you want to be treated
Here are some rules that I strongly resonate with and below under the Sources Title are links to more articles about rules with many more examples.
9 More Rules
- Question everything
- Never stop learning
- Get some fresh air every day
- Pay it forward at every opportunity
- Trust your first instinct
- Be efficient with your energy
- Finish what you start
- Do it right the first time or don’t do it
- Don’t be confined by rules, break them every once in a while
- 40 Rules to Live Your Life by
- Life Rules: 10 Essential Rules For Living Your Best Life
- 15 Personal Rules You Should Follow for Business Success
- The Six Rules of Personal Success
- Wise People Have Rules For Themselves
Create a list of rules for yourself and see what will happen.
I would love to hear about your experience.
Please, leave a comment below.