Do you find it hard to break your bad habits and replace them with good ones?
By following these simple steps you can turn your bad habits into good habits with ease.
Make a list of all the bad habits you want to change
Examples of habits you might wan
- Procrastinating when you don’t know how to do something
- Not remembering names
- Eating too much junk food
- Watching too much TV
This is where you write down with what you want to replace your bad habit
- Turn the bad habit into a good habit by stating it in positive terms
- Turn it into what you want, not what you don’t want
- For the next 30 days practice one new good habit daily, if possible several times a day.
It takes at least 21 days to break a habit.
After 30 days, pick another good habit from the list and practice that one for 30 days. Repeat this with your whole list.
You’ll be amazed at how easily you can make the changes by following these steps.
Examples of flipping the bad habit
- Flip “procrastinating when not knowing how to do something” to “just doing something gets you started”
- Flip “not remembering names” into repeating the name a few times when meeting new people
- Flip Eating too much junk food” to “removing junk food from your pantry and replacing with healthy foods”
- Flip “watching too much TV” to “Setting a new TV watching limit to 1-2 hours a day max”