“If you think it, ink it!”~John Assaraf
I like this quote. A thought without follow up action is like a cloud in the sky. It will not stay and lead you to your goal.
So, here are 7 steps to take to reach any goal you set for yourself.
- Be very clear about what you want to do or achieve.
This is the pivotal step to reach your goal and ninety-five (95%) percent of being successful will depend on this step.
- Write down your goal like you have already achieved it.
This is where the above quote comes from
- Break your goal down into individual steps.
This way you can work towards a realistic deadline.
- Create a list of the individual steps
Include the task you already know how to do and the tasks you first have to learn how to do.
- Create a priority and step sequence
First organize your list by priority, then organise it by sequence.
What do you have to do first and then go in order.
- Take immediate action!
This is very important. You only have about a 2 day window from thinking about to your goal to working on your goal. After 3 days life has moved on as I explain in my 72 Hour Enthusiasm Cycle post.
- Work every day a little towards your goal
The key word here is a “little”. Don’t spend hours and hours every day working on your goal. It will lead to burn out. Put that time in your schedule and make sure to work every workday on it. You will find that you will be looking forward to this time every day.
There will be days when it is slow and other days when it will just flow.
- Don’t forget to do a weekly review to see how your progressing. This will add to your enthusiasm.
- Never be hard on yourself for not moving forward fast enough.
- If you mess up, get up and continue where you left off and give yourself a pat on your shoulder for keeping going.
Let us know if you found this article helpful.
Contact us today if you have any questions or need help.
Please share this information on social media and leave a comment.