And Keep the Momentum Going
Why do we find it so difficult to stay motivated? You start off with great enthusiasm and then suddenly it is gone. Where did it go and why?
Everything in life comes in cycles, like waves one day you are on top and then your are on the bottom. When you actually think about it, you will find that there are actually
3 Primary Reasons:
- Lack of confidence
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
- Lack of focus
“Change your focus from making money to serving people. Serving more people makes the money come in.” ~Robert Kiyosaki
- Lack of direction
“You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” ~Jim Rohn
The best way to stay motivated is to have a clear vision of what it means attaining your goal(s). That vision will carry you through the tough times and keep you motivated.
Try these 12 simple tips to keep you motivated when you feel like giving up and keep the momentum going.
12 Tips to stay motivated
- Visualize your goal clearly, on a daily basis, for at least 5-10 minutes – create a vision board
- Break goals into smaller, mini goals. You will see how you progress faster.
- Make it a rule never to skip two days in a row. Don’t be too hard on yourself for missing a day.
- Become aware of your urges to quit, and be prepared for them.
- Look for inspiration on a daily basis from any direction.
- Reward yourself often!
- Give it time, be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Make it a fun. Work that is fun is playtime for adults.
- Just get started. You will be surprised how fast you gain momentum.
- Track of your progress.
- Get an accountability partner.
- Always think positive and believe that you can do it.
- View obstacles as opportunities.
What is your biggest struggle to stay motivated? Would you be interested in a webinar on how to create a vision board? I would like to hear from you, please leave a comment below.
Note: This blog post was inspired by Leo Babauta of ZenHabits.net