Shiny Object Syndrome is the tendency for someone to get distracted by new thoughts and ideas, their own and others, and never focus or complete anything. In effect, the internet marketer is in such a state of constant distraction that they continually lose themselves in imagination and dreaming, instead of seeing the bigger picture and getting things done.
It is especially difficult to shy away from them if you are a marketer or small business owner. Your email inbox gets flooded with offers to help you become more successful. They convince you that by purchasing or watching the latest course it will improve your marketing return. You get sucked into spending more money, that you don’t really have, and then you will have to spend time, you don’t reall have, to study the course.
- How many “how to” courses or information products have you bought, not opened or glanced at and then put aside?
- Will you ever go back and look at them in more depth?
Please STOP buying more right now, more STUFF only leads to overwhelm!
It is time for you to DO the work, to ACT upon what you have already learned and IMPLEMENT it.
| More Information = More Overwhelm |
| More Implementation = More Results |
Only after you have taken action and implemented what you already know you can move on to the STUFF that has accumulated. Then it is time to take inventory of all the STUFF you already have.
- Why did I buy the product in the first place?
- Is it something that you wanted to know to help you with your business or because you wanted to stay up-to-date with what’s going on in your market or it just sounded like something that would help you bring in more money? More often than not the only one making money with the product is the one who sold it to you.
- Take a close look at each product
- Did you go through the material when you first got it, but not really study and implement it?
- Now ask yourself: “Would my business have benefitted from the knowledge?”
- If the answer is Yes, set up a plan to really study the course/product with the full intention to then IMPLEMENT what you will learn from it
Find someone to help you
- You have all the intention to do it right this time, but now you realize, that if your past actions are any indication, you already know that you will find it difficult to stick with it and need help.
- Find yourself a coach, mentor or accountability buddy who will help you stay on track and not give you more STUFF. You need someobody to help you with the STUFF you already have.
Do you need help with your online presence or business strategy?
Let’s get started, I would love to work with you.